Friday, April 30, 2010

Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

I read an article on the Band Bench on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Nearly equivalent to the bleachers at any sporting event, the Band Bench are a few rows of the audience dedicated to fans of the musical guest. Then at the end of the taping, these lucky few get to stand behind the band and dance on to the performance. When I heard that EDAS favorite, Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings were slated to be there (4/28/10), I used some of my considerable New York Industry Influence to grab a pair of tickets (I really just visited this website and filled out the form and I was lucky enough to win 2 seats!! I thoroughly consider fellow NYers to do the same!). Before I knew it I was being herded like cattle throughout the bowels of the GE Building at 30 Rock for hours waiting on various lines and being yelled at by various Pages. 


Accompanying me was the lovely Lee, who's Theater Tech skills came in handy when it was time to chose a spot on the scaffolding. As you can see she is very wise and talented as we (me more) are visible throughout SJDK's performance of their hit single, Better Things, of their newest album I Learned The Hard Way. I am on the right side, and can be seen groovin' behind the Bassist (visual aid below).

The best part of MY performance comes at the end when Jimmy Fallon is thanking the guests and signing off, that's when I go into some sort of spastic Robot/Squid Combo maneuver, definitely not for amateurs... All in all it was a great (yet long) afternoon, but getting to watch such great action from not only Sharon Jones, not only the Dap Kings, not only Jimmy Fallon, Michael Caine, and (Mr. Show with Bob & David Alum) Mary Lynn Rajskub, but the world famous, legendary Roots Crew providing all the musical interludes as well. Below I posted the episode, (which should skip right to the music, if it doesn't then just skip ahead to the absolute last segment) Sorry about the NBCommercials.

Song #146: Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings - Better Things

No comments:

Post a Comment